Your favorite cleanup crew is back - this time with stripes!
Zebra Isopods are a great addition to your terrarium/vivarium ecosystem as they serve multiple functions. First, they clean their environment by consuming leaf litter, animal feces, and dead plant material and their waste is a valuable source of nutrients for your plants. Second, they're great snacks for amphibians, lizards and other terrarium pets. Third, they're extremely active and fun to watch.
Zebra Isopods are one of the larger isopod species available today. They're very prolific once established and fantastic substrate aerators. Isopods make herp habitat husbandry easier. They play an important function as soil nutrient cyclers while providing a secondary source of high calcium food for your pets. Isopods are omnivores. They feed on frass (poop), leftover bits of feeder or pray insects, dead and decaying plant matter, and pretty much anything else in or on the substrate.
- Color: Black with white strips
- Size: 9-15 mm
- Locality: Found naturally in warm, moist, humid marshlands
- Difficulty: Beginner
- Light: Dark, dim lighting with dark places to hide (i.e. under wood, leaves & soil)
- Temperature: 72-86 degrees Fahrenheit - low to mid-80's is best for breeding
- Humidity: 80-90%
- Behavior: Lively, hardy, crawling
- Culturing: Slower to culture than dwarf species but easy nonetheless. Keep rich organic substrate warm & moist. Feed fresh vegetables and high protein fish pellets
*Any issues must to be reported within 2 hours of when delivery took place in order to get refund or replacement. Replacement shipping is the buyer's responsibility*
THESE ISOPODS ARE NOT NATIVE TO THE USA AND SHOULD NOT TO BE RELEASED OUTSIDE!